Thursday 24 March 2016

Writer's Block !!

Screenshot taken from Google.

Any person who has attempted to write a blog or any piece of literature would have experienced this "phenomenon". A situation where you know that you want to write, but at the same time, you are not able to concentrate on what has to be written. 

When you are facing this, you feel that you can write about anything. You feel that you can write about the waves, or the chirping of the birds, or even the 'plop' sound that happens when your poop hits the puddle of water in your toilet. Literally, everything becomes a topic for your next attempt at writing. But hey, think of that topic once again, and you will realize how dumb it is to write about such topics.

I didn't even know that this 'I-want-to-write-but-I-don't-know-about-what-to-write' phenomenon had a name. Thanks to Jaidev, I came to know of this term recently.

So why am I writing about this crap now. I know it looks pointless. But then, I am desperate to write again. The desperation I am showing now, is because I have faced this before and I succumbed to "writer's block". I had given up on my blog, because I knew I couldn't think of anything more to write upon. (After just one post in my blog, it was some shit conclusion I got into).

The solution to this, is not letting it pass. Thinking that it will pass is foolish, because it just won't. The only way you can overcome this situation is by writing again.
Deep inside, I don't want to repeat the same mistake again. I don't want to give up on my creation once more so that I regret about it years later. Hence this pointless post.



P.S: Thanks a lot for spending your precious time to read this.

2 comments:

  1. ur pointless posts constantly reminds me of something I've always wanted to do :) :)

    fm-1030

    ReplyDelete